FROM IRS NEWS – https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs2goapp
Check your refund status, make a payment, find free tax preparation assistance, sign up for helpful tax tips, and more! IRS2Go is available in both English and Spanish.
You can download IRS2Go for your mobile device by visiting:
IRS2Go offers many features:
- Refund Status – Check the status of your federal income tax refund using IRS2Go. You can check your refund status within 24 hours after we receive your e-filed return, or about four (4) weeks after mailing your paper return.
- Make a Payment – Get easy access to mobile-friendly payment options like IRS Direct Pay, offering you a free, secure way to pay directly from your bank account. You can also make a credit or debit card payment through an approved payment processor.
- Free Tax Help – Get your taxes done and filed. You can directly access FREE tax software from your mobile device to quickly prepare and file your taxes and get your refund. Or, if you prefer receiving help in-person, you can find a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) or Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) site near you and receive free tax help. These programs are available to taxpayers who qualify.
- Stay Connected – Follow us on Twitter, watch helpful videos on YouTube, subscribe to receive IRS Tax Tips, and more.
- Security Code – IRS2Go can generate login security codes for certain IRS online services, allowing you to retrieve codes through IRS2Go instead of using text messages. For more information, visit the Secure Access page at https://www.irs.gov/individuals/secure-access-how-to-register-for-certain-online-self-help-tools.